The Raven Concealment Systems Eidolon Basic IWB Holster is the culmination of over three years of design and development. Eidolon is designed to be the most refined and functional Inside the Waistband holster on the market. At the core of the Eidolon system is the holster shell. The shell is precisely fitted to the weapon on the inside and is designed to be smooth on the outside and work with the body, belt and clothing in any carry position to maximize comfort and concealment. At the same time the shell provides attachment points for a host of accessories to allow the user to tailor the system for their specific carry needs.
The holster shells feature an innovative adjustable retention feature that isolates the tension on only the front of the trigger guard. This provides for an extremely clean feel when drawing and holstering with minimal adjustment – unlike other adjustable retention holsters that grossly squeeze the entire trigger guard and/or frame and result in a mushy feel as the pistol drags against the inside of the holster.
All holster shells are fully compatible with most extended controls, any brand or size sights, any type of MRDS mounted behind the ejection port and most extended/threaded barrels.
Basic IWB Kit
The “Basic” Inside-the-Waistband Eidolon kit is anything but basic. This system is excellent for IWB carry between 3 and 5 o’clock for a right handed shooter. The Basic IWB kit is a tuckable, compact IWB system that can be used with one or both belt attachments and give you scores of cant and ride height adjustments.
The Basic IWB Kit includes:
- One holster ambi shell of your specification
- One pair of 1.5″ Overhook belt attachments
- One Tall Spacer for mounting the belt attachment below the trigger guard
- All needed hardware and full instruction manual
- The Glock 26/19/Universal model has a pass-through open bottom design and will fit any 3rd or 4th Gen. Glock 9mm/.40cal pistol. The holster shell itself is equal in length to a Glock 19 pistol.
- The Glock 17 model has a closed bottom design equal in length to a Glock 17 pistol, but will fit any Glock 26/27/19/23/17/22 3rd or 4th Gen.
- The Ambidextrous Short body shields are cut to clear the hand completely but yet still help prevent clothing from entering the mouth of the holster and provide a visual and tactile guide for re-holstering the weapon.
- The Ambidextrous Long body shields extend to the rear of the slide to help protect the user from the weapon and the metal of the slide from the user. The long shield is cut and profiled to minimize interference with a full firing grip. Though unconventional, we’ve found the dual tall body shields to be very useful in preventing clothing from interfering with re-holstering and acting as a great tactile and visual guide “funnel” for the re-holster process. We have not seen any significant draw or presentation issues versus a traditional tall/short or short/short configuration.
Accessory Options – Basic IWB Package
- 1.5” or 1.75” belt Tuckable Overhook Set: Can be used as a pair or individually mounted to the holster shell or the Offset Wings. Overhooks offer two ride height positions 5/8” up or down and approximately 15 degrees of cant adjustment forward or back.
- Tall Spacer Block: Used to mount the Overhook below the trigger guard to allow the Overhook to clear the holster shell and adjust for cant.